FORT KENT — Doinke Ferrieria scored twice and assisted on another pair to lead Maine-Fort Kent to a 6-0 win over Maine-Maritime on Sunday. The Bengals (4-0-1) needed seven minutes to tally the game-winner. UMFK outshot the Mariners (0-5) 42-1.
Theresa Biggs got the game winner at 6:59. She finished the day with a pair. Ferriera went to work 6:06 later to make it 2-0. She factored in on the Bengals next pair 49 seconds apart in the 36th minute.
Ferriera set up Whitney Sinclair for the first of her two on the day at the 35:05 mark before scoring an unassisted goal at 35:54. It was the first of two times that UMFK tallied twice in the same minute. Whitney Sinclair got her second at 51:39 before Ferriera fed Biggs’ second 11 ticks later.
The Mariners return to action on Saturday at Maine-Farmington.
Goals by period 1 2 Tot
Maine Maritime…… 0 0 – 0
Me.-Fort Kent…….. 4 2 – 6
1. 6:59 UMFK Theresa Biggs (Jenn Colpits)
2. 13:05 UMFK Doinke Ferriera (Jamie Pelletier)
3. 35:05 UMFK Whitney Sinclair (Dioike Ferriera)
4. 35:54 UMFK Doinke Ferriera (unassisted)
5. 51:39 UMFK Whitney Sinclair (unassisted)
6. 51:50 UMFK Theresa Biggs (Doinke Ferriera)
Shots: Maine Maritime 1, Me.-Fort Kent 42
Saves: Maine Maritime 21 (Taylor O’Malley 21), Me.-Fort Kent 1 (Sidney Proctor 1)