BREWER — Local runners were among the many who competed Thursday in the annual Walter Hunt Memorial Fourth of July 3K in Brewer.
Ellsworth had two runners place in the race’s top 15 as Matt Shea (11th) and Rob Shea (15th) were among the early finishers in the 384-runner field. Matt crossed the finish line with a time of 10 minutes, 6 seconds, and Rob was close behind with a time of 10:21.
Hancock County also had three finishers in the 20-30 range as Dedham’s Travis Blackmer (21st), Bucksport’s David Hileman (24th) and Ellsworth’s Jamie Anderson (30th) broke the 11-minute mark. Bucksport’s Christopher Jones placed 40th with a time of 11:26.
On the women’s side, Dedham’s Sara Hunt was the top local finisher with a time of 11:38 and an overall place of 46th. Veronica Davila and Sara Shea of Ellsworth cracked the top 100 with places of 92nd and 93rd, respectively.
Below is a list of the top-10 local finishers from the race.
- 11. Matt Shea, Ellsworth, 10 minutes, 6 seconds
- 15. Rob Shea, Ellsworth, 10:26
- 21. Travis Blackner, Dedham, 10:38
- 24. David Hileman, Bucksport, 10:45
- 30. Jamie Anderson, Ellsworth, 10:56
- 40. Chris Jones, Bucksport, 11:26
- 43. Nick Brown, Ellsworth, 11:30
- 46. Sara Hunt, Dedham, 11:38
- 92. Veronica Davila, Ellsworth, 13:20
- 93. Sara Shea, Ellsworth, 13:21