OTIS — The following are winning results from the inaugural Down East Family YMCA Ice-Fishing Derby held Feb. 10-11.
Contestants were allowed to fish at any lake or pond legally open to fishing throughout Hancock County. Weigh-ins were held both days at Dunn’s Aviation Hangar on Beech Hill Pond in Otis.
The top-two finishers in each division were declared winners, and event organizers handed out over $10,000 worth of prizes. Winning fish were decided by weight in pounds.
- Chris Kane, 24.21 inches, 4.80 pounds (Branch Lake)
- Keith Morges, 22.09 inches, 3.50 pounds (Branch Lake)
- Joe Garcia, 27.60 inches, 7.55 pounds (Green Lake)
- Sam Bunch, 25.08 inches, 6.70 pounds (Green Lake)
- John Perry, 25.08 inches, 3.75 pounds (Green Lake)
- Ben Naumann, 24.02 inches, 3.65 pounds (Green Lake)
- Chris Wilson, 18.90 inches, 2.70 pounds (Lower Hadlock Pond)
- Tim Grant, 16.73 inches, 1.85 pounds (Lower Hadlock Pond)
- Mitchell Domagala, 19.84 inches, 3.80 pounds (Upper Patten Pond)
- Heather Gordon, 18.31 inches, 3.45 pounds (Beech Hill Pond)