Much to be thankful for



Dear Editor:

In the wee hours of Nov. 21, we were awakened by a screeching smoke detector to find our house full of smoke. After opening windows and doors and grabbing the phone we got ourselves and the dog outside and called 911. After what seemed like an eternity but was only a few minutes the fire departments from Waltham, Eastbrook and Franklin arrived and quickly had our chimney fire extinguished with no damage to the structure itself. Our deepest thanks go out to those volunteers who tumbled out of bed to come to our aid. And without that smoke detector I know I would not be here to write this letter. If you don’t have one, get one. If you have one, check the batteries and replace them annually. We had a very thankful Thanksgiving.

Chris Kravitt

Waltham

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.