The question of whether global climate warming is real or is a hoax can be examined along two principal avenues of thinking. These avenues are belief and fact. Beliefs are not measurable! The following are facts that are measurable and can be evaluated:
- The greenhouse gas carbon dioxide (CO2) causes atmospheric warming.
- By all means of measuring, CO2 levels in the atmosphere have been rising at an especially rapid rate since the late 1800s, and now are at the highest levels at any time in at least the past 800,000 years.
- The atmospheric temperature rises and falls in synchrony with CO2 rise and fall.
- The global sea levels are rising due to expansion of the warming oceans and to the influx of melt water from melting glaciers.
- Arctic sea ice is rapidly disappearing and is nearly gone.
- With few unusual exceptions, the glaciers of the world are receding at rates higher than at any time in recorded history.
The scientific world points out that global climate warming is the most serious problem that planet Earth faces!
Harold W. Borns Jr., Ph.D.