ELLSWORTH — Local clergy affiliated with the Ellsworth Area Minister’s Association (EAMA) will participate in six Wednesday evening Lenten worship services beginning Feb. 20 at 7 p.m.
These ecumenical services are open to all to attend and provide an opportunity for members of the community at large and several local congregations to worship together. This year’s theme is related to building peace, and is based on the biblical passage in Luke (19:42) that references “The things that make for peace.”
The offering collected during each of these services will be donated to the EAMA Church Discretionary Account administered by Sister Lucille MacDonald at the Emmaus Center. Money in this account provides financial assistance for those in need in the community.
As is the custom of the EAMA Lenten worship services, local congregations will host guest ministers to preach and lead worship.
The service schedule is as follows:
• Feb. 20 at the Union Congregational UCC, Hancock. Preacher: Rev. Nicholas Davis, minister of First Congregational Church of Ellsworth, UCC
• Feb. 27 at the Unitarian Universalist Church, Ellsworth. Preacher: Rev. Amanda McCullough, interim minister, Union Congregational Church of Ellsworth Falls, UCC.
• March 6 at the Church of Life and Praise, Ellsworth. Preacher: Rev. Priscilla Hukki, minister of St. Andrew Lutheran Church of Ellsworth.
• March 13 at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Ellsworth. Preacher: Pastor Susan Yaruta Young of the United Methodist Church of Ellsworth.
• March 20 at the First Congregational Church of Ellsworth, UCC. Preacher: Sister Lucille MacDonald, director of the Emmaus Center of Ellsworth.
All services start at 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Rev. Sara Huisjen at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Ellsworth at [email protected] or 667-4393.