Shed destroyed in Bayside Road fire



{youtube}M4vq_9Ec6r0{/youtube}

ELLSWORTH — Firefighters made quick work of a fire in a shed attached to a garage at 124 Bayside Road in Ellsworth Tuesday afternoon.

Fire Chief Richard Tupper said no one was in the home or the detached garage when the fire broke out, and a neighbor reported the fire. The shed was destroyed by the fire, and the back wall of the garage was heavily damaged as well.

Tupper said there is a stove in the garage, but the people who lived there said they had not used it. Several lawnmowers in the garage were removed as a precaution, and a car parked near the garage also was moved farther back. The chief said he was not sure if the structure was insured.

Tupper said firefighters were fortunate that the wind was blowing away from the house at the time of the fire. He credited the neighbors with spotting the fire, checking to see if anyone was home and then standing near the road with a report for firefighters when they arrived.

“Giving us that pertinent information helps us a lot,” he said.

Find in-depth coverage of local news in The Ellsworth American. Subscribe digitally or in print.

Steve Fuller

Steve Fuller

Reporter at The Ellsworth American,
Steve Fuller worked at The Ellsworth American from 2012 to early 2018. He covered the city of Ellsworth, including the Ellsworth School Department and the city police beat, as well as the towns of Amherst, Aurora, Eastbrook, Great Pond, Mariaville, Osborn, Otis and Waltham. A native of Waldo County, he served as editor of Belfast's Republican Journal prior to joining the American. He lives in Orland.
Steve Fuller

Latest posts by Steve Fuller (see all)