ELLSWORTH — A Sullivan man accused of kidnapping a local woman in April was indicted on numerous charges by a Hancock County grand jury June 9.
Matthew Wycoff, 38, was indicted on two counts of kidnapping and one count each of aggravated assault, robbery, domestic violence assault, domestic violence terrorizing, obstructing the report of a crime or injury, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer, misuse of identification and disorderly conduct.
The alleged April 19 incident started in Hancock and continued into Sullivan. Wycoff and the woman eventually wound up in Ellsworth, where she was able to escape his vehicle, according to the Maine State Police. The woman required medical treatment, according to police.
Wycoff is still on probation from a 2012 knife attack on his then girlfriend, according to Maine Department of Corrections records. Wycoff pleaded guilty and served a prison sentence for the elevated aggravated assault in the Sagahadoc County seat of Bath. A judge sentenced Wycoff to 15 years in prison, all but six and a half years suspended, with six years of probation to follow, according to The Morning Sentinel.
The grand jury also indicted the following:
- Charles Ashmore, 65, Ellsworth, two counts operating after revocation, one count each criminal mischief, leaving the scene of a property damage accident and failure to report an accident July 27, 2021, in Lamoine.
- Kemar Buckley, 29, Bar Harbor, two counts gross sexual assault in Bar Harbor Nov. 23.
- Tessa Cotroneo, 29, Ellsworth, two counts aggravated drug trafficking and one count each unlawful drug possession and violating conditions of release April 2 in Ellsworth; three counts unlawful drug possession March 7 in Ellsworth.
- Cody Damon, 22, Blue Hill, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer, possession of a firearm by a prohibited person Feb. 13 in Stonington.
- Dustin Doliber, 34, Trenton, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer, possession of a firearm by a prohibited person, unlawful drug possession and violating conditions of release March 2 in Trenton.
- Alvin Dyer, 64, Gouldsboro, unlawful drug possession, operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of an intoxicant and operating after suspension March 23 in Gouldsboro.
- Olivia Ferreira-Rogers, 34, Carmel, theft by deception Oct. 13, 2016, to July 9, 2019, in Hancock County.
- David Foss, 41, Ellsworth, one count unlawful drug furnishing and three counts unlawful drug possession Dec. 8 in Ellsworth; one count each aggravated drug trafficking, unlawful drug trafficking, unlawful drug possession and violating conditions of release April 7 in Ellsworth.
- Anthony Giorgetti, 35, Deer Isle, two counts domestic violence assault and one count each refusing to submit to arrest and endangering the welfare of a child Jan. 13 in Deer Isle.
- Veronica Gomm, 36, Verona Island, unlawful drug trafficking, unlawful drug possession and criminal forfeiture March 3 in Orland.
- Therion Harmon, 24, Brewer, unlawful drug trafficking March 9 in Verona Island.
- Donald Leach Jr., 44, Penobscot, four counts gross sexual assault, two counts unlawful sexual touching and one count assault Jan. 1, 2018-Dec. 31, 2019, in Bucksport.
- Scott MacGown, 39, Ellsworth, aggravated assault and domestic violence assault March 19 in Hancock.
- Jill Madura, 46, Brooklin, criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, Feb. 14 in Deer Isle.
- Matthew Milliken, 35, Ellsworth, one count each kidnapping, robbery, assault with a dangerous weapon, criminal restraint and unauthorized use of property and two counts each aggravated assault, reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon, criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon March 8 in Ellsworth.
- Trisha Murphy, 35, Hancock, operating after revocation, improper plates, failure to give correct name, operating an unregistered motor vehicle, violating conditions of release Feb. 27 in Ellsworth; operating after revocation and violating conditions of release March 22 in Ellsworth; unlawful drug trafficking, operating after revocation and violating conditions of release May 15 in Ellsworth.
- Dylan Norwood, 27, Ellsworth, aggravated drug trafficking, aggravated drug furnishing and unlawful drug possession Sept. 22 in Ellsworth and Otis; unlawful drug possession April 2 in Ellsworth.
- Heather O’Berne, 37, Bangor, two counts unlawful drug possession Sept. 28 in Ellsworth.
- Brian Ouellette, 45, Milford, operating after revocation and operating without a license Nov. 23 in Dedham.
- Shaylee Overlock, 21, Bangor, four counts unlawful drug possession and one count violating conditions of release May 4 in Ellsworth.
- Dusten Phippen, 31, Franklin, one count each aggravated assault and criminal mischief, two counts domestic violence terrorizing and five counts domestic violence assault April 13 in Ellsworth; two counts violating conditions of release and one count protection order violation April 27 in Trenton.
- Whitney Pierson, 21, Brewer, three counts unlawful drug trafficking April 5 in Ellsworth; trafficking in prison contraband, unlawful drug possession and violating conditions of release April 22 in Ellsworth; trafficking in prison contraband, violating conditions of release, driving to endanger and two counts unlawful drug possession May 10 in Ellsworth.
- Brock Ray, 26, Trenton, three counts unlawful drug trafficking Dec. 28, 2021 and Jan. 6 and Feb. 3, 2022, in Ellsworth and Hancock.
- Philip Restine III, 44, Millstone Township, N.J., two counts aggravated assault and one count obstructing report of a crime or injury Dec. 2 in Mount Desert.
- Mark Reynolds, 54, Bangor, unlawful drug possession July 14 in Dedham.
- Jeremy Sawyer, 43, Brooklin, one count each of domestic violence assault, obstructing a report of a crime or injury, failure to stop for an officer, operating after suspension and two counts violating conditions of release March 7 in Brooklin.
- Jeffery Witham Jr., 46, Verona Island, three counts aggravated drug trafficking and two counts criminal forfeiture March 9 on Verona Island.