Ellsworth Man No Longer Considered Missing



Jonathan Spinney

ELLSWORTH — A man whose family hadn’t heard from him since Christmas Eve contacted his mother Wednesday, according to police.

As a result, 28-year-old Jonathan Spinney is no longer considered a missing person.

“He contacted his family,” said Ellsworth Police Detective Dotty Small early Wednesday afternoon, just after she had spoken with Spinney’s mother.

Spinney was involved in a high-speed chase in Bangor on Friday, but police there eventually called the chase off due to safety concerns and Spinney remained classified as missing.

An Ellsworth resident, Spinney had most recently been staying at the Sister Barbara Hance House on Surry Road.

Family members told police Spinney typically contacted them every day. When they tried to contact him after not hearing from him last week, they found his cell phone had been shut off.

Small said Spinney told his mother that he was in the Bangor area when he contacted her Wednesday.

Without elaborating, Small said Spinney “has some legal issues he needs to take care of,” but said Spinney is aware of that.

For more of the latest news, pick up a copy of The Ellsworth American.

Steve Fuller

Steve Fuller

Reporter at The Ellsworth American,
Steve Fuller worked at The Ellsworth American from 2012 to early 2018. He covered the city of Ellsworth, including the Ellsworth School Department and the city police beat, as well as the towns of Amherst, Aurora, Eastbrook, Great Pond, Mariaville, Osborn, Otis and Waltham. A native of Waldo County, he served as editor of Belfast's Republican Journal prior to joining the American. He lives in Orland.
Steve Fuller

Latest posts by Steve Fuller (see all)