ELLSWORTH — In a return to a more traditional graduation, Ellsworth High School seniors will gather with family and friends at 6 p.m. on June 11 at Del Luce Stadium. The outdoor setting is a nod to COVID-19 restrictions and fears but allows seniors to invite up to eight people to attend. The rain date is June 12 at 6 p.m.
And the success of last year’s car parade, held so the community could honor graduates in a pandemic year, will be carried over on Class Night on June 3, with t wo tickets issued to each graduating senior for family to join.
The School Board heard final graduation and prom plans on May 11 and fully approved.
“You hit every note,” board Vice President Abigail Miller told Principal Dan Clifford, noting a senior year that saw students return full time to in-school learning just last month. “To let it end this way means so much.”
Clifford also introduced valedictorian Pedro Little-Siebold and salutatorian Lilja Hanson to the board.
All end-of-year festivities will be held outdoors, with many taking place under a large tent erected in the high school junior parking lot. All Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines will be followed, including masks and social distancing.
Events kick off with the prom:
• May 29: Prom 7-10 p.m., junior parking lot.
• June 2: HCTC Awards, 6:30 p.m. junior parking lot tent.
• June 3: Class Night/Senior Parade, starts 5:30 p.m. at T.J. Maxx, ends at junior parking lot tent. Class Night will be livestreamed on the EHS YouTube channel.
• June 4: Last day of class for seniors.
• June 11: Graduation, 6 p.m., Del Luce Stadium; rain date, June 12, 6 p.m., livestreamed on the EHS YouTube channel.
In addition, Ellsworth Middle School promotion is set for June 14 at 11 a.m. at Del Luce Stadium.