PHOTO BY STEVE FULLER

Eastbrook fire victim now in good condition



PHOTO BY STEVE FULLER
An Eastbrook woman is recovering after suffering smoke inhalation during a May 13 fire at her home.

EASTBROOK — The woman who was flown to a local hospital after a fire at her home last week is recovering.

Nancy Rogers was taken to Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC) by LifeFlight helicopter May 13 for treatment of smoke inhalation. Fire officials said Rogers made several trips back into her smoke-filled Macomber Mill Road home that day to try and save her pets.

Rogers initially was listed in critical condition at the Bangor hospital last week. On Tuesday, however, an EMMC spokesman said Rogers is now listed in good condition at the hospital.

Fire officials said at the scene last week that the fire started in the kitchen of the house, though they were unable to determine a specific cause.

Sgt. Tim York of the Maine State Fire Marshal’s Office said Wednesday morning that the fire has been deemed an accidental cooking fire. He declined to elaborate on that classification.

Find in-depth coverage of local news in The Ellsworth American. Subscribe digitally or in print.

Steve Fuller

Steve Fuller

Reporter at The Ellsworth American,
Steve Fuller worked at The Ellsworth American from 2012 to early 2018. He covered the city of Ellsworth, including the Ellsworth School Department and the city police beat, as well as the towns of Amherst, Aurora, Eastbrook, Great Pond, Mariaville, Osborn, Otis and Waltham. A native of Waldo County, he served as editor of Belfast's Republican Journal prior to joining the American. He lives in Orland.
Steve Fuller

Latest posts by Steve Fuller (see all)