ELLSWORTH — A Hancock County grand jury on Aug. 6 indicted an Orland man on manslaughter and other charges in connection with a Jan. 28 crash in which an Orland woman died.
Valerie Seavey, 50, of Orland was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, which occurred on Cedar Swamp Road off Route 15 near G.M. Allen & Son, police said.
In addition to manslaughter, Robert Cunningham, 48, also of Orland, was indicted on charges of aggravated operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of an intoxicant, driving to endanger and criminal speed.
Trooper Travis Chapman said that Cunningham had been westbound in a 2007 Ford Ranger when he lost control of the truck on a corner. After hitting the embankment, the truck came to rest on its wheels in the middle of the road.
“At some point, Seavey was ejected from the vehicle,” Chapman said. “Seavey wasn’t wearing a seat belt.”
The following others also were indicted:
- Dustin Austin, 34, Franklin, two counts domestic violence assault and one count criminal trespass March 25 in Trenton.
- William Beardan, 60, Trenton, aggravated assault, criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, endangering the welfare of a child Feb. 29 in Trenton.
- Daniel Brown, 39, Lamoine, two counts unlawful drug trafficking and one count unlawful drug possession Oct. 10 and 15 in Penobscot and Ellsworth.
- Cody Damon, 21, Stonington, violating conditions of release March 11 and May 18 in Ellsworth; two counts each tampering with a victim and tampering with a witness/informant and one count violating conditions of release March 18 and 21 in Ellsworth; one count each domestic violence assault, domestic violence terrorizing, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct Feb. 19 in Stonington.
- Philip Dulude, 51, Belfast, criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, criminal threatening, criminal mischief, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer and disorderly conduct Dec. 10 in Orland.
- Jessica Evangelista, 43, Trenton, two counts criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon and one count each obstructing report of a crime and endangering the welfare of a child Feb. 29 in Trenton.
- Richard Files, 48, Verona Island, two counts unlawful drug trafficking Jan. 22 and 29 in Verona Island.
- Rachelle Potter, 44, Hancock, three counts unlawful drug trafficking, and one count each unlawful drug possession and criminal forfeiture Sept. 10, 17 and 18 in Ellsworth.
- Phillip Russell, 49, Bucksport, aggravated drug trafficking Feb. 20 in Bucksport.
- Wyatt Salisbury, 31, Lamoine, aggravated assault, domestic violence assault and disorderly conduct Nov. 28, 2019, in Lamoine.
- Natasha Stewart, 38, Bangor, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer June 22, 2019, in Mount Desert.
- Candy Turner, 41, Belfast, theft by deception, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer and theft by misapplication Feb. 12 in Orland.
- Timothy Wedge, 25, Trenton, unlawful drug trafficking Jan. 7 in Trenton.
- Zachary Brooks, 41, Lamoine, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer March 9 and 16 of 2019 in Ellsworth.
- Michael Church, 48, Franklin, three counts unlawful drug possession and one count violating conditions of release Jan. 2 in Hancock.
- Valerie Curtis, 51, Ellsworth, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer Dec. 29, 2019, in Ellsworth.
- Sofia Dorr, 35, Bucksport, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer Feb. 14 in Ellsworth.
- Gregory Gilley, 32, Southwest Harbor, unlawful drug possession Jan. 11 in Ellsworth.
- Robert Gray Jr., 35, Searsport, theft by deception and home repair fraud Nov. 1, 2019, in Ellsworth.
- Nicole Hussey, 41, Ellsworth, two counts theft by unauthorized taking or transfer Nov. 18, 2019, in Ellsworth.
- Brian Jones, 25, Somesville, two counts assault and one count disorderly conduct Jan. 19 in Ellsworth.
- Joshua Moore, 35, Bucksport, two counts operating after revocation Sept. 23 in Bucksport.
- Peter Nadeau Jr., 41, Otis, one count each burglary, theft and two counts each unlawful drug possession in Blue Hill and Ellsworth Jan. 29.
- Amanda Newell, 36, Pleasant Point, two counts theft by unauthorized taking or transfer Sept. 16 and 24 in Bucksport.
- Samuel Sharpe, 19, Brunswick, reckless conduct, aggravated criminal mischief, unauthorized use of property, driving to endanger and failure to report an accident Oct. 24, 2019, in Castine.
- Timothy Stanley, 26, Franklin, one count each criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, domestic violence criminal threatening, domestic violence assault, possession of a firearm by a prohibited person, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct, unlawful drug trafficking, two counts each unlawful drug possession and 10 counts criminal forfeiture Dec. 26, 2019, in Ellsworth.
- Ethan Taylor, 29, Birch Harbor, bribery in official matter, domestic violence criminal threatening, domestic violence terrorizing and violating protection order April 6 in Gouldsboro.