ELLSWORTH — A Hancock County grand jury Dec. 6 indicted an aunt and nephew from Bucksport on charges of manufacturing methamphetamine in a Noel Way apartment in Bucksport Sept. 6.
The grand jury indicted Jamie S. Matlack, 45, on two counts of aggravated operation of a methamphetamine laboratory and one count of unlawful drug possession.
The grand jury also indicted Matlack’s aunt, Kimberly J. Matlack, 54, on two counts aggravated operation of a methamphetamine laboratory.
“When agents and local law enforcement entered the apartment they interrupted the occupants who were actively making meth, using what is commonly referred to as the ‘one-pot’ method,” said Maine Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland.
In the one-pot method, all of the necessary ingredients are put into a container, triggering a chemical reaction to convert the pseudoephedrine to methamphetamine. The chemicals involved are highly flammable and explosive.
Two other apartments in the building were evacuated and additional MDEA lab team resources were called in to process the scene and gather evidence, police said at the time.
Jamie Matlack is still incarcerated at the Hancock County Jail. Kimberly Matlack is at a rehabilitation facility, according to corrections staff.
The grand jury also indicted the following 26 others:
- Christopher J. Abbott, 42, Franklin, aggravated drug trafficking, unlawful drug trafficking, two counts unlawful drug possession and criminal forfeiture June 18, 19 and 21 in Hancock and Franklin.
- James Astbury, 55, Bucksport, criminal operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of an intoxicant May 27 in Bucksport.
- Jeremy M. Beal, 26, Surry, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer July 25 in Surry.
- Taylor A. Berry, 24, East Machias, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer, criminal OUI, operating after suspension, improper plates and operating an unregistered motor vehicle July 4 in Blue Hill.
- Richard W. Bubar Jr., 43, Deer Isle, one count each aggravated assault, driving to endanger and violating conditions of release and four counts of assault.
- Jacalyn A. Canlas, 31, Ellsworth, unlawful operation of a methamphetamine laboratory Aug. 2 in Ellsworth.
- April Colby, 37, Bucksport, two counts aggravated assault and one count each reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon, criminal OUI and driving to endanger May 23 in Bucksport.
- Philip Crocker, 27, Bucksport, aggravated criminal OUI, reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon, driving to endanger, leaving the scene of a motor vehicle injury and failure to report accident July 18 in Ellsworth.
- Thomas W. Danico, 48, Blue Hill, burglary, aggravated criminal trespass, terrorizing and criminal threatening May 18 in Blue Hill.
- Zachary B. Eccleston, 23, Bar Harbor, two counts domestic violence assault and one count each criminal mischief, disorderly conduct and violating conditions of release July 27 in Bar Harbor.
- Donald A. Eldridge II, 57, Orland, domestic violence criminal threatening, domestic violence terrorizing, two counts of terrorizing and one count failure to sign a uniform summons and complaint.
- Jeremy W. Fowler, 41, Ellsworth, domestic violence assault Sept. 7 in Ellsworth.
- Marshall W. Fowler, 52, Ellsworth, one count each aggravated assault, domestic violence terrorizing and disorderly conduct and two counts domestic violence assault Aug. 13-14 in Surry.
- Heather M. Godin, 45, Verona Island, unlawful drug trafficking, unlawful drug possession Feb. 13 in Verona Island.
- Anderson Harewood, 47, Schenectady, N.Y., two counts aggravated trafficking and one count each unlawful drug possession and unlawful drug trafficking Oct. 5 in Deer Isle.
- Desire Higgins, 42, Franklin, one count aggravated drug trafficking and two counts unlawful drug trafficking Jan. 8 in Franklin.
- Troy Higgins, 43, Franklin, two counts operating after revocation and one count operating without a license Jan. 28 in Franklin; one count aggravated drug trafficking and three counts unlawful drug trafficking Dec. 13, 2017, Jan. 1 and Jan. 8 of 2018 in Franklin.
- David E. Joyce Jr., 45, Deer Isle, two counts aggravated drug trafficking and one count unlawful drug trafficking Oct. 5 in Deer Isle.
- Rebecca L. Nersessian, 32, Ellsworth, operating after revocation, aggravated forgery, failure to give correct name and address and operating without a license May 30 in Gouldsboro.
- Alec M. Peasley, 25, Deer Isle, one count each aggravated criminal OUI and OUI and two counts driving to endanger Dec. 20, 2017, in Sedgwick.
- Jonathan S. Reif Jr., 30, Deer Isle, trafficking in prison contraband Jan. 11, 2017, in Ellsworth; operating after revocation April 24, 2018, in Stonington.
- Robert Robinson, 66, Bar Harbor, two counts unlawful drug trafficking Aug. 17, 2015, in Surry.
- James S. Soucy Sr., 54, Bangor, criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon and hunting from a paved way Sept. 4 in Otis.
- Michael B. Stanley, 58, Bucksport, operating after revocation and violating conditions of release Aug. 7 in Aurora.
- James L. Stimeling, 59, Eastbrook, domestic violence reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon, domestic violence criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, domestic violence terrorizing with a dangerous weapon Aug. 18 in Eastbrook.
- Wil Y. Zavala, 29, Trenton, two counts operating after revocation and one count operating without a license April 13 in Bar Harbor.