Chimney fire destroys living room wall in Brooklin



BROOKLIN — A chimney fire destroyed part of a living room wall at a Bay Road residence late Saturday morning.

“The chimney, over time, had heated up the wall and it was just enough to get a fire in there and going,” said Brooklin Fire Chief Sam Friend.

The homeowners called for help after noticing smoke coming from the wall, Friend said.

“We had to remove the wall around the chimney on the back side, probably 6 feet by 3 feet, and some of the interior paneling had to be taken out to get to it,” the fire chief said.

The house suffered minimal smoke and fire damage, Friend said. The chimney likely will need replacing.

The Sedgwick and Blue Hill fire departments provided mutual aid.

Find in-depth coverage of local news in The Ellsworth American. Subscribe digitally or in print.

Fenceviewer Staff

Latest posts by Fenceviewer Staff (see all)