ELLSWORTH — Leadership Hancock County, a program of the Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce, has announced the 2019 participants as well as host sites for the five-month program.
Leadership Hancock County has provided leadership, communication and management training to over 110 Hancock County professionals in its eight years of programming.
The program runs from January to May, each year, with six sessions hosted by Hancock County businesses and organizations that make up the economic sectors of the region.
Host sites for the 2019 class include the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce; Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital, the Union River Center for Innovation, The Jackson Laboratory, Schoodic Institute and The Next Step Domestic Violence Project.
Hosts provide the class with space for the day, an afternoon presentation on their organization and often a tour of their facility.
Classes are limited to 16 participants. They are often selected by their sending companies because they are emerging leaders, or leading within their organizations.
The Class of 2019 participants are:
- David Carney, parts manager, Stanley Subaru.
- May Dow, personal banker II, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust.
- Ann Delaney, director, UMA Ellsworth.
- Kimberly Fitch, operations manager, The Grand.
- Lydia Gray, front house manager, Finns.
- John Jagger, agency manager, Lynam Insurance.
- Kayla Mooney, assistant branch manager, Machias Savings Bank.
- Janna Richards, economic development director, city of Ellsworth.
- Marc Rich, manager broker, Berkshire Hathaway.
- Michelle Rollins, manager of patient financials, MDI Hospital.
- Casey Shannon, head brewer, Airline Brewing Co.
- Kim Smith, branch manager, Maine Savings.
- Bridgette Shorey, commercial loan administrator, Camden National Bank.
- Stuart West, head ranger, Acadia National Park.
- Becky Willough, early childhood operations manager, Downeast Community Partners.
- Amy Wiseheart, director, Ellsworth Public Library.
For more information on the program or to become a host site, sending company or participant, contact the Ellsworth Area Chmber of Commerce at 667-5584 or www.ellsworthchamber.org.