Garage fire swiftly extinguished



GOULDSBORO — It took less than half an hour to fully extinguish a fire Tuesday morning in an unoccupied Pine Tree Road residence off West Bay Road. The fire was sparked by an electrical short in the dwelling’s attached garage.

Gouldsboro Fire Chief Tate McLean attributed the fire, which was contained to a 4-by-4-foot area, to faulty wiring for the furnace housed in the garage. He said the damage was confined to one wall.

McLean said the 1.5-story house is for sale and its owner is living off-site. The fire chief said a home inspection company’s personnel had stopped by the residence, found the home full of smoke and promptly reported the fire. He said it took 100 gallons of water to put out the fire.

Responding to the call were the Gouldsboro Fire Department, Gouldsboro Police Department and Hancock, Sorrento, Steuben, Sullivan and Winter Harbor fire departments.

Letitia Baldwin

Arts Editor at The Ellsworth American
In addition to editing the Arts & Leisure section, Letitia edits special sections including Out & About, Overview, Health Quarterly, Your Maine Home, House & Garden and Get Ready for Winter. She comes from Chicago, Ill, but has deep family ties to the Cranberry Isles. [email protected]

Latest posts by Letitia Baldwin (see all)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *